Thank you online newsletter for reminding me that my babies are 15 months today. They are SO much bigger than they were as infants, but still teeny tiny babies. I haven't posted in damn near three months, so here's all the things they do now. (And I likely will have missed some milestones, but whatever).
- They are WEANED! That's right, this dairy farm is closed. I sleep all night y'all. Life is good.
- They eat real food, not pureed. Grownup food and snack. Cray cray.
-THEY! BOTH! WALK! And confidently honey! They have moves to make.
- They say some words. Joy just loves saying names and hi and hey. Lahna does all of that PLUS mimicks. If you say "say XYZ" she's going to try like hell to say it. Joy will just look at you and say hey.
- They communicate their wants and needs without saying words. They want Cheerios for dessert, they point to the top of the fridge. They want to go outside, they bring me my shoes and their shoes. They step outside to 90 degree humid weather... they turn around and come back in the house. Two nights ago Joy picked up her bath towel while I was changing Lahna, politely put it on top of the toilet seat, proceeded to go turn on the faucet (She can't reach it) and started beating on her baby bath tub. I guess she was feeling less than fresh at that moment. Too many 90 degree backyard trysts for my love.
- They disrespect child proofing. Joy has figured out how to pick up the gate. On many occasion, Lahna will be behind the gate and Joy's on the other side. She just picks the gate up, like Come on sister, I busted you out of baby jail. It's SO! FUNNY!
LAWD, THEY ARE A RIOT!
AND CUTE AS PIE.
Anywho, my little people are little people and it's fascinating to watch. I shouldn't be surprised, but every single day they do something new or different or adult-like. For example, yesterday one square of a rug was turned up and Joy turned it back down... you know... because it was out of place and toddlers care about things being in order.
I'm having so much fun with this at this age. We love to play together. I thought 6 months was my favorite age, but 15 months might be a close second. They are a true pleasure.
So twin parents when people tell you "it gets better" and you, like me, say: WHEN? I'd say at about 13 months... or so.
Til next time!