Before I arrived at work
- I made it to work "on-time"
- I changed and fed my daughters and showered before I left
- My Lyft driver waiting for me
- I bought disposable coffee cups at Target yesterday, so that I can take coffee from home and not spend money in the streets
- I remember to pack my breakfast and lunch.
- I woke up late, so I had to pump and give the babies a bottle rather than nurse.
- My nanny was late, which resulted in my Lyft driver having to wait
- I forgot to put on my tank top, which keeps me warm while I'm pumping in the office
- I forgot the electrical plug for my milk pump, so that I can pump milk at work.
- The lunch I packed was spoiled, so I still had to buy lunch.
- I left my cup of hot coffee in my disposable cup on the counter
- I couldn't get my sweater over my head in time after pumping and I was late to a conference call.
After I arrived at work
- The host is also late AS HELL to this meeting, so no one noticed. 19 minutes late to be exact (enough to let me write this blog.)
- There's another woman who pumps at work and she keeps her pump in the mother's room and so I could use her electrical cord. Shout out to the monopoly that Medela has on breast pumps that made my loss, not so bad.
- This other mother also has a heater in the mother's room, so I didn't freeze my nipples off pumping milk
- While I was out getting lunch, I found a place nearby with vegan cookies AND cupcakes.
- The babies were less fussy after not being woke up before I went to work, so this is like the first step to weaning and it wasn't all emotional like I expected. It kind of just happened.