Thursday, August 11, 2016

Work Schedule

I'm a working mommy! I'm writing this on Friday, August 5th (after my first full week at work.) 

Here's my weekday schedule. 

  • Leave the house at 8am 
  • At work by 9am 
  • Pump 3x during the day for 30-45 minutes, which produces 20-25oz of milk. Times vary. 
  • Leave by 5pm 
  • Home by 6 pm. 
  • Feed the twins twice before 9:30pm. Listen to them cry while I eat. :( 
  • Put them in the bed, wash my pump parts, drink a cup of coffee. 
  • Get them up for the middle of the night feeding (if they haven't woken up already) - 2 a.m. 
  • Get them up for the morning feeding - 6 a.m. for the morning feeding 
  • Stop whether they are finished eating or not - 7 a.m. 
  • Shower, pack pump bag, leave by 8 a.m. 
  • Repeat.    
So far, there's no time to stop and get a mani/pedi or meet friends for coffee (I don't really drink anymore). I have been able to do things like stop and get a prescription at Walgreens before hopping on the train. 

I also don't take a lunch anymore. I can't afford to buy lunch and I can't afford to pay our nanny for another hour with the twins, so I'm brown-bagging it. (My boyfriend is a chef though, so this isn't really a concession. I'm only losing out on fresh air.)

I didn't get emotional on my first day the way so many moms do. I cried a couple of days before I went back to work, but I've been surprisingly cool. I think this is another benefit of twin mom-dom. It's HARD being at home alone with two screaming babies. Work is like a bright oasis of calm and tranquility in comparison. 

Additionally, my efficiency is top notch. If I can entertain two babies, I can juggle some accounts at work. It's cake.

No comments: