Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Where to Put It

There are too many places to capture baby milestones:

- This blog
- My open Twitter
- Facebook statuses
- This mom group I'm in on Facebook
- My iPhone camera roll
- My iPhone video
- In texts and phone conversations with family, friends and other new mommies
- My journal
- My Mom's One Line a Day book 

I'm not stressing about it, but I wonder which if any of these things will last. And when I'm old and gray, will I be checking tea and such to see who rolled over first and when?

Or will printed pictures be obsolete?

Like, what will be my time capsule and by giving different milestones to different digital properties am I fragmenting my children's history.

I don't want to miss anything. I don't want to forget anything.

And then, in trying to capture the damn moment, am I missing the moment.

I'm not stressing over this, but it's something that crosses my mind as a new mommy and I had to get it out on paper [the blog]. 

No comments: