Saturday, March 12, 2016

Healthy, But Miserable

I didn't blog about baby stuff on 3/10 because it was National Women's and Girl's HIV/AIDS awareness day. I was SUPPOSED to write a post about it and rock red pumps. Or since I can't wear heels, red converses. I actually left the house that day to go to the hospital. I have to report in twice a week now for a stress test and ultrasound... until I deliver.

So far, so good. I'm healthy, the babies are healthy, I'm just a miserable, miserable pregnant woman.

The point is I completely forgot to write that post. And at the times I did remember, I didn't have the energy to do so. I imagine the rest of my life will be this way. Wanting to do things and not having the time or energy to actually do them.

Today is the second weekend that I've been at home "bored." I say bored because it's painful to walk, so I can't go outside my apartment and again, while I WANT to do a plethora of things, my body is like "ma'am, take a seat."

So I just sit on the couch, eat small plates (no room in my belly for full meals anymore) and go to the bathroom. I watch the hours count down until it's time to go to bed, which is a torturous experience because my nasal congestion [due to pregnancy] worsens when I lie down. And then I HAVE to drink a lot of water to keep from having early contractions, and then I HAVE to go to the bathroom. It's 5-7 times per night now instead of 3-5 times per night. And I'm SO heavy, I can't roll over in the bed without being in excruciating pain and then the babies on my bladder, make the walk from my bedroom to the bathroom in a small New York apartment feel like walking on hot coals for the length of a marathon.

None of this is what I came on here to blog about...

I'll finish this story tomorrow.

No comments: