Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Word From My Womb

I was sitting on the toilet the other day and my children were kicking me like I stole money from them. And I thought about how powerful those kicks were. How much they hurt. How they completely change my course of action (I was going to get UP from the toilet, but decided to chill until the beatdown subsided).

I thought about how they are going to be tiny helpless beings after I deliver them. They can't eat by themselves, go to the bathroom, walk, crawl or even speak. They will be completely reliant on others once they are outside of my womb.

But inside of me, they are a powerful force, more powerful than they are by themselves.

I thought about other things that were small that once inside of something else become huge. Think about a piece of dirt. A tiny microscopic piece of dirt. If it was on a floor or on your jeans you wouldn't be able to see it. But let it get under the cells in your face. It's like a HUGE pimple. Like embarrassing to the point that there are entire lines of products to get these little pieces of dirt out of your skin.

By itself, it's weak, but in your face, it's strong.

And then it occurred to me that this was a message from God. I am one human. One person. And by myself, there's not much I can do. But when I place my faith in Him, I become more powerful. I can move mountains and make great impact just because I am inside of His care, His family, His direction, His will.

Leave it to my babies to deliver a Word. I can't wait to see the God-fearing women they will grow up to be.

No comments: