- Seeing my babies' faces. I have so many thoughts about what they may look like. I stare at my bf, thinking what if they look like him with a wig on. I hope they get the best of both of our features. Or like some kids they may look like another family member and not us at all. I can't wait to see.
- Watching my kids' personalities flourish. You are born with your personality and since there are two of them, I hope to be able to decipher what is just normal for their age group (like saying no to every damn things when they turn two) and what is unique to each girl.
- Rediscovering my closet. I have entire bags of clothes and underwear that I cannot wear right now. 9 months is a long time for a wardrobe piece to be out of commission. I forgot what I have back there. It's going to feel like Christmas day when I "open" my closet back up.
- Feeling good 3 weeks out of every month (Period pain makes one week out of every month miserable). In pregnancy I traded feeling shitty once a month to feeling shitty for 9 straight months. I imagine that one day I will wake up, my babies will be here and healthy, and nothing will be wrong with my body. I won't be nauseous, my belly won't itch, my legs won't cramp, I won't have any problems in the bathroom, my eczema won't flare up, my gums won't bleed. I mean, after these babies are out of here, I might be a normal person.
- EATING WHAT I WANT - Chile, I want tuna, salmon, deli meat, pop, soft cheeses, cow's milk (if I can take it), ice cream, orange juice, curried chicken, brown stewed chicken... all of the things that I'm either not supposed to eat while pregnant or that have given me the bubble guts while pregnant. I want them all back!
- Having my lung capacity back. I used to rather enjoy being a commuter and hitting the mean streets of NYC. Shopping and buying dinner on the way home from work. Now I can barely walk from the bedroom to the bathroom. Aisjuswanabreathe.
What are you most looking forward to this spring?