My U-Shaped Leacho pillow wasn't comfortable anymore. Nothing seemed to work. I was dead dog tired, but I couldn't sleep. I pull up my phone and read the symptoms and all of the advice.
- Exercise - Nope.
- Take a warm bath - Did that at about midnight after being in the bed awake for 3 hours... still no sleep
- Turn everything off (TV, social media, etc.) about an hour before you go to bed - Too late for that
- Drink herbal tea (pregnant women can't have herbs)
- A host of other things that I had either already done or that were prohibitive because I was having twins
I'm pleased to announce that the following night I DID get some sleep. The formula was
- Eat as soon as you get home (to allow food to digest before bedtime)
- Don't check social media AT ALL when you get home (I deleted the apps from my phone)
- Instead of sleeping in between the U-Shaped pillow and another pillow to it and sleep on TOP of it. It was like my butt and stomach were elevated, almost like sleeping in a sofa chair, which I heard you have to do at some point in pregnancy. I don't have a sofa chair, so I had to improvise.
The next morning I woke up and my stomach wasn't heavy and I was so grateful to have had a full night's rest. I still woke up four times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but I was able to get back to sleep. I was still nauseous and fatigued during the day, but I wasn't sleep deprived.
I'm so happy that I'm not going to have to go 3-4 more months not sleeping at all. I never thought I'd be happy to just have "regular" pregnancy ailments, but today I was.
Have you ever battled with insomnia. Any tricks to get to sleep?