Thursday, January 28, 2016

Medium-Sized Agency Problems

I thought that moving to Pittsburgh and working at a medium-sized agency had humbled me a bit. And it did, but not quite enough.

I need an admin.

I swear, every time I get a promotion the level at which one gets an admins changes. I actually had an admin before. I believe the year 2008. The economic recession had just started and my company seemingly had not been affected. I was a senior account executive, mogs were still getting bonuses, we could take car service home from work and I mailed NO PACKAGES!

Fast forward, eight years later and every time I have to schedule a meeting or print my own copies, a small fluffy grey kitten dies.

I swear I am not being used to my full potential working under these conditions.

What's worse, it when I finally hit "true executive" level, I'm likely going to have to share my admin with all the other admins, making him or her still pointless as I join the "we made it" ranks.

I wonder if my company would let me find my own college student to just sit here 2-3 hours a day and do admin duties. What? I'd teach them some PR stuff and I swear I would write them a stellar recommendation.

What's your biggest work gripe right now?

No comments: