Friday, January 22, 2016

Catching Some Zzzzs

After getting no sleep earlier in the week, I was able to sleep like a baby the following night. I slept all the way through the night, getting up to go the bathroom four time, but was able to go RIGHT back to sleep afterwards.

Then following that, I wake up at about 4 a.m., get back to sleep at about 5 a.m., then get up for work at 7 a.m. if I'm going into the office or 8 a.m. if I'm working from home.

In addition to what I wrote a couple of days ago, here are a few more tricks that are working:


1. NOT getting on social media in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Same reason as shutting it off when I get home from work.
2. Getting up when I can't sleep. This is the hardest for me because I believe that my body needs rest whether I'm sleeping or just lying down, but the internet (and some friends) say get up, do something and go back to bed. The trick is not to get up and stay up until you feel sleepy again. I usually just say a prayer, pay a bill, write or a blog or research something I'd been meaning to research, then go back to sleep.

I'm so happy that not getting ANY sleep isn't my life for now. And after that sleepless night, I now appreciate being able to sleep at all, even if I wake up for 1-3 hours in the middle of the night.

I have to take my wins where I can get them.

No comments: