Wednesday, December 16, 2015

This Christmas

If you've been reading my blog for some time, you know that I get stressed out around Christmas time. Trying to figure out if I should be superwoman and give the best gifts or be super frugal and do what I can.

I was so stressed one year, one of my Jewish friends told me I should just convert. She goes "Hannukah isn't that big of a deal. You could save money." I love my friends so much.

I would like to shout out the city of New York and my two impending deliveries for helping me make the decisions this year.

I am completely done with my shopping because no one's getting anything.

That's not entirely true. I have a bag of stuff that I've either won or been gifted and those will go to nieces, aunts, folks who are probably expecting something (but don't really need anything).

My mom knows I'm saving up for two little ones. And my siblings can make due with a hug. Honestly, I want to ask everyone to pitch in and put 5 on my plane ticket. (I can't believe I haven't [at the time I wrote this post] booked it yet. I'm crazy, I know).

Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? Are you cutting back this year due to funds, principles [#BlackLivesMatter]? Or are you rolling in the dough and singlehandedly helping the economy one loved one's gift at at a time? 

3 comments:

Ishea said...

The bf and I are breaking up, so we decided no real gifts this year. We're instead giving one another the gift of peace lol.

Seriously though, I don't really give gifts like that. I have in my relationship and whoever is living in the same house as me, but everyone else is a working adult and honestly buys their own stuff throughout the year. I'm more excited to give someone a gift "just because" during the year instead of feeling the pressure to come through on just one day.

Whenever I have children, I think the joy of Christmas will be once again realized through them since I'll be able to see everything through their eyes. Until then, I get what I want when I want it throughout the year.

Kanae J said...

I don't blame you. You have two very good reasons to say peace to the presents. Heck, I'm not getting anyone anything and my little one is here. It's just so stressful and getting used to P makes it quite difficult. I can't wait to see you and hugs sound like the best presents.

T said...

@Ishea WORD!

@Kanae Hugs truly are the best presents! I want to get that on a tshirt. I can't wait to see you and P!