Monday, October 12, 2015

Sick!

Social media is such a drain on my mood right now. I go back and forth from deleting Instagram and Twitter off of my phone. I just don't know what's going to come up and put me in a bad mood, so I'd rather not look at any of it.

To that end, I've been sick for about a week now. It went from a stomach flu to a fever (not the flu, I checked... twice) to a head cold. I'm now stopped up to the point that it's emotionally painful to talk because I sound so stopped up. People are just looking at me with the "Girl, are you ok, face."

But I don't want all of the notifications I get when I announce anything on Facebook, so I'm just saying over here that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Remember when I was sick for the entire month of January 2014? Of course you don't remember. You weren't sick, I was. That ended up being a cold that turned into a sinus infection. It was never the flu, but it was miserable the whole time.

I'm just hoping, praying, falling on the altar that this ain't that. I think being in New York has a lot to do with it. I cross thousands of people every day. Touching subway handles and seats and elevators and no matter how much I was my hands some of those germs probably end up on my phone, in my headphones, in my food... in my home.

Definitely on the bottom of my shoes, and therefore, my hardwood floors and probably on the bottom of my feet and on my couch and in my bed and in my lungs and good Lord, I'm gonna die.

Anywho, if you can breathe through your nose and don't sound like a three year old on conference calls you have won at life. I am out here losing.

Please pray for me. Being sick is a miserable existence.

P.S. I definitely turned into my mother this weekend spraying every damn thing down with Lysol disinfectant spray. Febreeze smells good, but it ain't killing influenza on hard surfaces. I know I'm right about it.