Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sway Has No Answers

Hit publish and blogger told me this is my 1500th post. I figured I should note that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I live in Harlem. It's a black neighborhood. I don't want to come out of my face and says goods and services are subpar to a more diverse or mostly white neighborhood. I don't want to say that.

What I will say is that I am having a hard time finding a laundry delivery service. Yelp only yielded one place with good reviews that picks up in my zip code. I used them. They're ok. They are not punctual with the dropoff and deliveries and some of my clothes come back dirty.

They're better than doing laundry myself.

Or, they were.

Until this week. I called on Friday and asked for a Saturday 9-10 a.m. delivery. They came at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday and only after I called to figure out why they weren't there between 9 and 10.

I ordered a Monday 6 - 7 a.m. delivery. At exactly 7 a.m. I call and they don't have me in the system AT ALL. I go "this concerns me. You have all of my clothes." They call me back and they apologized, but my clothes weren't ready. They will schedule me for 6-7 a.m. Tuesday. Fine.

Tuesday at exactly 7 a.m. still no clothes. I call. The lady says the OTHER lady didn't schedule it. So I say, ok, schedule it and can I get a discount.

She then tells me that they already gave me a discount because they're SUPPOSED to charge me $1 for every hang to dry item and they didn't. And pretty soon, they're going to start enforcing the rules. AND the girls who work at the wash n fold center are not responsible for hanging my clothes to dry and so it's problematic. And no, I can't have a discount.

Oh.

I get my clothes back and I sent them 4 bags of clothes with 4 sets of instructions. Only 3 bags came back (I can't find my whites) AND they hung two entire bags of clothes to dry vs. the 4 pieces is a teeny tiny bag that I instructed them to. So all of these clothes come back stinky and mildew-y. And I essentially need to do laundry all over again.

The reason this concerns me SO much is:

1. The inconsistency. I sent similar instructions 2 weeks ago. No issues.
2. The lack of accountability. I entrusted you with MY CLOTHES and you give me a dissertation about how the "wash n fold" girls don't have time to "pay attention" to my instructions and/or wet clothes. Nah.
3. The overall unprofessionalism. The cost for my time is money. If you can't see that and are instead going to just trip about how I asked for too much, when it is your job to do a service, I can't rock with you.
4. The lack of critical thinking. If it seems odd that I wanted um 20-25 pieces of clothes that say tumble dry on the tag hung to dry, why wouldn't someone call me to ask me that.

I think it's safe to say, I'll just waste four hours every weekend doing my own damn laundry. If I ever move out of Harlem, I'll give it another try, but New York has disappointed me on this front. 

No comments: