Friday, June 5, 2015

So ADDICTED!

I love public relations. It gets my juices flowing, but it's not like every task I do is super fun ALL the time. In fact, many of the tasks I do all day long are extra boring, but they lead up to something that's super fun.

In the middle of my day, most days, I check social media because it IS super fun ALL THE TIME.

But today [read: the day I wrote this], I decided not to get on social media. It's 8:53 a.m. I've been at work approximately 53 minutes and I've picked up my phone to check social media, no less than 8 times.

I've logged out of Twitter and Facebook on my desktop to remind me not to log in. I've also deleted Twitter and Instagram from my iPhone. Every time I pick it up to go to those apps, I'm reminded to get back to work.

And you know what, work is so much easier when I can focus on the task at hand instead of being sidetracked by who-knows-what on social media.

I think I may have to be responsible and stay off social during the day most days. Almost how parents don't let their kids watch TV during the week.

I used to think I could handle it, but I don't think so.

The day that I make myself stop checking email, text messaging and blogging at work, you'll know I'm REALLY about this paper. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: