Sunday, June 7, 2015

NYC Observations: Pack a big bag

I have so much to share with you all. I was going to make it a top 10, but I need to expound on each subject, so it might just be a series or a tag. We'll see how it goes.

First up, I learned that when you leave your house for the day, you are gone for the day. You need to have everything on you that you could possibly need:

  • Make-up
  • Heels
  • Flat shoes
  • A jacket (I actually need to buy several leathers because that's the NY uniform) 
  • Your metro card (Why would you ever leave the house without that) 
  • A book (for the metro) 
  • A phone charger
  • A change of drawls in the summer time
  • Baby wipes 
  • Headphones 
Everything.

And this is also why so many New Yorkers wear all black. If you have on all black you can quickly transition from church to a rap concert to a charity fundraiser to an outdoor concert to a block party to brunch to a museum to a rooftop barbecue.

I went to the Met in a tshirt and jeans and red converses and my girl shows up in a blue silk shirt, black pants and a studded leather. I'm like are we going to the museum or a concert? She's like "I didn't know what we were doing today so I got dressed."

Ok, I'm learning. I'm learning.

No comments: