Friday, May 15, 2015

Unemployment: A day in the life

Originally written on 3/26/15 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite being sleep deprived today was a good day:

9 a.m. - Breakfast with my Pastor. I figured since I'm close to my Pastor I might as well take advantage of that relationship. I imagine if I had a relationship with my father or stepfather that I would go to breakfast and talk to them the way I did with my pastor. I'm grateful that he's standing in the gap.

11 a.m. - Picked up my computer, a Trader Joe's bag full of papers to shred and some nonprofit paperwork to head over to the church.

12:10 p.m. Wrapped up some questions for a grant my Pastor's applying for on behalf of the board I sit on.

12:30 p.m. Got a call from a millionaire who needs marketing help for his nonprofit. Random as ever. I sat next to him at a charitable breakfast about a year ago. While I thought he'd thrown my card in he trash, he remembered every detail of our conversation and wasn't shy about asking me for help. He also told me to send him my resume and he'd forward along to some folks locally. Apparently sitting in the house of the Lord, agrees with me.

1 p.m. - SHREDDED PAPERS! Y'ont know how I feel about it.

2 p.m. - Stopped shredding papers to prep for a phone interview.

2:30 p.m. - Took a phone interview from the sanctuary (the rest of my day had taken place in the church office)

3 p.m. - RESUMED SHREDDING PAPERS. Free therapy, I'm tryna tell ya!

4 p.m. - Ran downstairs to get some macaroni/tuna salad. Another good thing about being at church is there is ALWAYS food. ALWAYS!

4:30 p.m. Sent out four networking emails and confirmed one interview for Monday.

5 p.m. Started prep for our nonprofit board meeting.

6 p.m. Board meeting.

7 p.m. Ate Dinner

8 p.m. Worked out

9 p.m. Crashed

I can't wait for the weekend y'all. I've really "worked" for it this week!

No comments: