Monday, May 11, 2015

Today was a good day!

Originally written on 3/16/15.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend, I forced myself to finish House of Cards, so I wouldn't be left out of any conversations. This weekend, I forced myself watch the Good Wife to catch up to the network airing (I didn't catch up. I had to buy CBS All Access Pass to watch Season 6, then I was about two episodes away from being done when the live show aired. I finished this morning). I digress. While I was forcing myself to watch TV, I somehow got really motivated to not just job search, but to do all the other work-like things on my to-do list and to participate fully in life (vs. hiding from life on the couch with ice cream and cookies).

I decided from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F, this week, I'd "work" and then after 5 p.m. I could get back to being a couch potato or whatever.

So I have a list of 111 Pittsburgh restaurants (and counting) and today I decided I'm going to start knocking those restaurants off of my list whether people want to join me or not. A lot of them are walking distance from my house AND lunch is cheaper than dinner AND I REALLY need to get out of the house these days, so the first such outing went extremely well.

Today, it was 70 degrees outside (in the middle of March). I did EVERYTHING on my to-do list, explored a neighborhood close to my home that I rarely visit, ate at a restaurant I'd never eaten at before and allowed myself to both be happy and experience joy, no matter what my job status.

While doing so, I came across this gem here and laughed uncontrollably:


Today was a good day!

No comments: