Saturday, May 23, 2015

Interviewing: A Day In The Life

Originally written on 4/22/15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was the travel day from hell, but I learned so many positive lessons. Today, I'll tell you what happened. Tomorrow I'll share my lessons.

  • My Delta flight was moved to 7:23 a.m. I complained about it and went back to sleep. 
  • Got to the airport at 6:20... but left my I.D. at home in my other purse. 
  • Went back home. 
  • Got back to the airport at 7:42. My flight was gone. Delta booked me on an 11:20 a.m. 
  • My interview was at 10:30. That's a no-go. 
  • The next flight was U.S. Airways leaving at 8:35 a.m. It was booked.
  • I stood by the jet bridge and waited for all the people to get on. 
  • I paid $676.10 + a $35 same-day booking fee to get on that 8:35 a.m. flight in hopes of making it to my interview on time. 
  • The flight was delayed.
  • I get to LaGuardia at 10:20 a.m. 
  • Hop in the car service that was waiting, go to change my shoes. 
  • I left my shoes at home. (I took them out of my purse when I put my ID back INTO my purse) 
  • Have to stop at Nine West during lunch traffic in NYC. 
  • Get to the interview at 11:42 a.m., but cool, calm and collected because I looked good and even an hour and 12 minutes late, I'd be an asset to anyone's team. 
  • Miss my 12 p.m. conference call with another agency I was interviewing with. Can't reschedule because the SVP was on his way out of town. Womp.
  • Got to make a phone call, phone's dead. 
  • Go to Pret to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner because it's 2:30 p.m. by now (yep all that time and I hadn't eaten yet) 
  • Realize I didn't pack my phone charger. MAN COME ON!
  • Bought a new phone charger. 
  • Met my friend at her job to get her house keys. 
  • Made it to her house. Decompressed. 
  • Had a lovely dinner at Streetbird in Harlem where a fellow dolphin is the executive chef. She just happens to be division 033. We produce greatness, in case you didn't know. 
  • Watched the awesomeness that is Married at First Sight (My friend has GOOD cable).

No comments: