Thursday, May 21, 2015

I Hate *Unnamed* Airlines

Originally written on 4/21/15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm leaving for New York this morning for interview number several with one of the five companies I'm interviewing with in New York. They paid for the flight, so I didn't tell them that I would prefer to fly American or Southwest. I'm trying to practice being gracious.

I wake up to a text message saying my flight has moved from 6 a.m. to 7:23 a.m. 1. Thanks for the text, but 2. What the fuck? What if I had a 9 a.m. meeting? Don't they understand people traveling this early are traveling for business.

I know things happen, but I swear things happen MORE on *Unnamed* than on any other airline. I have no patience for people or companies who don't work on their craft. If UPS can master logistics, clearly *Unnamed* can figure out a way to get flights out on time. This is a big part of why I stopped dealing with them in the first place.

Now the car service has to wait downstairs for me for an hour and a half because there's no way I'm leaving at 4:30 a.m. for a flight that doesn't leave until 7:23 a.m.

Shout out to the Pittsburgh airport for being so easy to get through that I can show up an hour before my flight and still make it. #SilverLining

I'm going back to sleep.

No comments: