Saturday, May 16, 2015

Bum's Log: 2 Months

Originally written on 3/27/15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been unemployed for two months. It went by so fast. I sometimes wonder what I do all day with the 8-12 hours I would have been working. Well... 

I've traveled.
I've networked.
I've applied for 74 relevant positions and had 13 interviews (and had two noncommittal meetings, that were NOT interviews)
I've rediscovered the joy of daily naps.
I've been a TV junkie.
I've done bikram... twice. 
I've unsubscribed from every irrelevant email listserv, as my nerves can no longer stand having to delete party pluggers, shopping coupons and boring newsletters while I'm waiting on interview invites.
I've shredded papers like I have something hide. Apparently my Verizon bills are G14 classified. 
I've entertained.
I've read for pleasure [this is how you know I'm bored].
I've prayed.
I've eaten.
I've searched my soul and explored my innermost desires.
I've cried.
I've slowed down.
I've volunteered.
I've sent birthday postcards.
I've given my hair way too much attention.
I've budgeted.
I've clean. Oh boy, have I cleaned.

I've dreamed.

Have you ever been unemployed? What'd you do?

1 comment:

Ishea said...

I was unemployed for about 4 months in 2010-2011 and Girl, the struggle was so real. I was married at the time and living in SC and it was just crazy the toll it took on my esteem and ego. I really had to process my self worth and how I identified myself. Note: You are NOT your job.