I am so happy right now. I was out for my girl's birthday yesterday and everyone was like you have the JuJu... I feel like I'm glowing. So friggin' happy! I'm going to try to write a top 10, but who knows if I'll be able to stop...
10. I LIVE IN NEW YORK! I feel like I live in a movie. Every day I walk to the train in Harlem like "pinch me."
9. I have a new job. Work is work, but NEW work is amazing. I'm happy to be back in the land of the gainfully employed.
8. I get paid at the end of the month. I thought I was going to have to wait until June 15, but nope. Money goals coming back into focus!!!
7. I have a new apartment. I'm sitting in my friend's apartment writing this blog post. #FreeWifi The movers won't be at my new place until 1:30 p.m., but I got my keys this morning and it's NICE! It's better than I remembered it in my head. I'm so happy about it!
6. I have new clothes. Listen, I couldn't start a new job with too-tight and/or outdated clothes. In PR, how you look is important. I didn't go ham at the mall or anything, but every time I pick something up, I pop a tag and I'm SO happy about it.
5. I SEE BLACK PEOPLE! Everywhere. At work. In Harlem. On the train. At the bars. ALL! OVER! THE! PLACE! I am not the only Black person in the room anymore ever.
4. I know nothing. Moving to New York will let you know you know nothing about what you thought you knew. I'm like a sponge, soaking up all the education.
3. McDonald's gave me two hashbrowns today when I only ordered one. The responsible thing to do would be to throw one away. But I ate it...
2. I'm overweight [for my size]. I'm happy because I don't care. I don't care because I'm happy. When I get back in the gym, it'll be because I want to be strong to lug my laptop up and down subway stairs in NYC, not because I want a flat stomach. I'm about this flowy shirt, maxi skirt life. I also sometimes feel like more of a woman when I'm at a higher weight. Like I was a child for the first um.. I dunno... 28 years of my life. I'm squishy and I like it!
1. I'm going to Chicago tonight! Grits and Biscuits tonight, fresh off the plane with 4 Southwest drinks tickets in my purse. Day Party to celebrate all these Gemini birthdays Saturday. Wedding of the Century Sunday and chill time with my sick grandmother on Monday. Doesn't matter where I reside, Chicago is my home and makes my heart happy.
Bonus: I saw um... four Chicagoans last night. Because Chicago is everywhee. And we find each other and we party together in different cities and it feels like home, but better.
I'm so friggin' HAPPY!