Wednesday, May 13, 2015

aijuswannasleep

Originally written on 3/26/16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked back at my blog and on March 2nd, I talked about not being able to sleep. Waking up at about 3:30 in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep.

Somewhere between then and now, I've been able to sleep 7, 8, sometimes even 10 hours each night. This feels amazing. While I can't exactly pull myself out of bed before 8 a.m. (I tried and it's like nah...), I am pleased to once again get a full night's sleep.

Or I WAS pleased with a full night's sleep until yesterday, when I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep until about 7. Then I woke up and 9, rolled over and didn't wake up again until 12:50.

Today I woke up at about 3:15 a.m. I have to be somewhere at 9 a.m., so I'm not going to sleep in until 1 p.m. again like yesterday. I'm already tired thinking about the nap I can't take today.

Whenever I hear preachers talking about being up at the crack of dawn, they say it's a call from God. A call for prayer. Strangely, I don't feel like that's the call I'm getting. I pray every day. I pray long, specific prayers every day, so I'm not convinced that God is waking me up in the middle of the night to talk to Him again. But I guess if you love someone you probably talk to them more than once a day.

Maybe it IS prayer time. Whatever time it is, it's not going to sleep time and for that I am sad.

No comments: