Saturday, April 4, 2015

T minus 2 hours

I can get on social media in two hours and here are some of my thoughts until then.

1. I'm curled up on my couch under a blanket listening to smooth jazz switching between journaling, a book, a magazine and the Wall Street Journal and it's amazing! 

2. This sacrifice thing in so hot and cold. I'm either struggling really bad or I'm like, "this isn't so bad. I should do this more often." That may have more to do with my inability to see (or respect) the gray areas in life and less to do with what sacrifice is or isn't.

3. It's really refreshing to not have outside forces (social media) guiding what topics I'm reading. I've been very intentional for the past 40 days and 40 nights and I'm going to aim to bring some of that to my every day life. Like I may do a no personal social media until 5 p.m. or no social media after 7 p.m. type of thing.

4. I cannot wait to see how many notifications I have across all platforms. If it's like zero I'm going to feel like a lame.

5. I went to a club last night that I'm about 10 years too old to be at and I wanted to live tweet it so bad. Maybe not being on social media makes me a nicer person. Am I nicer really, if I thought it and didn't say it?

6. Some Catholics told me that Lent is actually over on good Thursday, following mass, before good Friday. I am DEFINITELY do that next year. This year, I'll feel like I'm punking out if I don't wait until Easter Sunday to get on social media when I clearly told everyone I was waiting until Easter.


1 comment:

Ishea said...

Welcome back!!