Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ain't THIS some THIS!

So now that I've figured out how to properly moisturize my hair, my dry scalp is back. What I've decided from online research is that I've put TOO much product in my hair. Said product has gotten clogged up in the pores of my scalp and then produced flakes.

This is a stupid fucking problem to have, but here I go again with the test and learn.

When I deep condition and/or do a protein treatment - which is about once or twice a week during the winter when I can't do a wash-n-go - I need to use a shampoo with sulfates in it. Despite the damage sulfates do to my curls, they really do work hard to clean and remove product buildup. I'd rather have wavy hair and a clean scalp than perfect curls and an itchy head.

I've tried this once and so far, so good. Hopefully this routine works, otherwise I'm going to consider shaving my head bald and just rotating wigs.

I can't wait for it to be consistently 60+ degrees or as I like to call it wash-n-go season. My absolute favorite time of the year!

No comments: