Friday, March 13, 2015

I have #$%^ to say out here

I have so much to say. I've been texting and GroupChatting my friends nonstop. I don't know if they think I really like them (I do) or if they know I just need an outlet for my random thoughts and have turned to them to do it. Here are the top 10 things I'd like to talk about on Twitter or Facebook, but can't.

10. Empire - Derek Luke got in them guts. Oops, I mean, it's good to see Cookie diversifying her portfolio.
9. The Weather - It's been absolutely gorgeous lately and I'd like to shout from the rooftops how happy I am to see the sun.
8. Restaurant recommendations - I went to Gauchos last weekend, this Argentinian spot in the Strip District. Um, amazing!
7. Concert News - So Pete Rock was here and Rakim was coming. I'm not a hip hop head at all, but it would have been nice to ask if anyone else was going and maybe form a squad.
6. Fitness updates. I've been texting #TeamFit. A different woman each week, but it's not nearly as effective as telling 10-15 women your fitness goals each day. I also miss the opportunity to encourage the other ladies.
5. Condolences - I heard that Mr. Gully passed away. I would have liked to have seen one of the nostalgic high school stories about him and contributed my personal account. Sad to say, but by the time I get back on Facebook, people will have moved on. You have to mourn in the moment.
4. The Good Wife - I'm catching up on Hulu Plus after never watching the show and IT'S GOOD! I want to just tweet random things about it, six seasons after the fact and
3. Downton Abbey - I only know like 3 people that watch Downton Abbey and two of them, I only talk to on
2. Airport Stories - I've been to Phoenix, Chicago and New York and I haven't checked in on FourSquare or complained about the TSA or told any funny stories about other passengers. Travel is quite solitary without Twitter.
1. The news. Everyday there's at least 5 news stories I want to share with other people. Whether it's about pork prices being low, Ferguson's police chief stepping down or the best day to find low fare flights.

I feel very disconnected from the masses right now, which I hope is drawing me closer to God. (That and prayer and meditation).

Any updates on your Lenten season?

No comments: