Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring!

It's the first day of spring and I can only hope single digit temperatures and snow are behind us. When I think about social media I think about live TV and sports updates, to-the-minute news, Twitter beef, celebrity gossip and brand posturing. One thing I'd forgotten about is all the good news and inspiration you can get from social media if you follow the right folks.

Check out this story from BlackDoctor.org (one of my favorite sites), which reports on Instagram. This is a post I would have seen if I was on social media, but have sacrificed for Lent. So happy Black Doctor.org decided to share some good news in my email inbox.

God is still in the miracle business. #LeahStrong

"Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still, who has been publicly fighting for his daughter Leah and her rare cancer, took to Instagram on Tuesday to relay what he called the best news he’s ever received.

According to his Instagram post,  based on her latest MIBG scans, she is showing no signs of disease activity. He says:

'That moment you get the best news you’ve ever received and don’t know what to do so you just flex!! We got Leah’s MIBG Scans back tonight and the doctors told us they didn’t see any active disease in her body!!! We still have to wait for her MRI and bone biopsy results later this week. But the doctors feel very optimistic about them because of the results from today. So for now we celebrate!!!  #LeahStrong'" 

Read the rest here:

No comments: