Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Lenten Season!

It's maybe my 5th year participating in Lent and I'm excited about it. I'm giving up social media, within reason. No Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tinder or Swarm. I'm still going to use LinkedIn and YouTube because they're not social media for real. And they don't drain my energy the way the other networks do.

It'll be interesting to wake up in the morning and not check my phone for the latest photos on IG or the latest news stories on Twitter. I guess I should download CNN.com or Washington Post or Al Jezerra or something like that, so I'm not completely disconnected.

Whenever you have a craving to do what you're not doing for Lent, you're supposed to pray. I don't think that's possible. Since I would have social media open 24/7, doing it while I was doing other things, I can't exactly pray 24/7.

I can whisper a quick, Help Me, Lord or Thank You, Lord or maybe I find a scripture to quote every time I want to say something on social media and can't.

My big brother said I'm going to die. I think I'll be ok, but it will be an interesting 40 days and 40 nights.

What are you giving up for Lent this year?

1 comment:

K to the... said...

Me too, Teaandsuch...along with candy. Deleted all apps from my phone. Three down, 43 days to go!