Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tired of Arguing with eHarmony

I've reported eHarmony to the Better Business Bureau and am currently arguing back and forth with them about whether I deserve a refund or not. Let me explain.

I paid for a year starting on October 28, 2013. I did not opt to autorenew. On October 28, 2014, they autoenrolled me into another year and charged my card. I called them on October 31, 2014 to get a refund. *insert details and minutia that doesn't really matter* They said no and enjoy your year of eHarmony. 

I reported them to the BBB of San Jose, CA where their are headquartered.

Here's my thing. If your service is so amazing, why do you have to trick people into signing up for it? (They claim I signed up for autorenew. I'm claiming otherwise.) AND why can't I get a refund over the phone? Why all these emails and horrible correspondences? It's like they think I'm going to forget that their service doesn't work and become enamored with it. No. 

Trying to cancel them is worst than canceling Comcast or LA Fitness. I just want my money back, so I can use it to join Christian Mingle.

No comments: