Friday, June 6, 2014

Please Donate a Latte!

In case you missed my emails, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram messages, I'm walking in the Living with Sickle Cell walk on Friday for the Children's Sickle Cell Foundation (a local Pittsburgh org that does national work). (Tomorrow if I haven't met my goal, I'm going to start calling people like I'm the Obama campaign in the last stretch before election day.)

My goal is to raise 100,000 pennies to represent the 100,000 people living with sickle cell disease. This organization is amazing because it truly represents innovation. The director, Andrea Williams, noticed a need in the community and stepped up to meet it. The difference between her business model and a for-profit business model is that she's changing people's lives (and in some cases keeping people alive) with the research, outreach and support programs that CSCF

I could go on and on, but read the story of why I decided to help out and please consider donating a latte ($5) or a week's worth of lattes to this great cause.

www.gofundme.com/tiashastevenson

No comments: