1. I'm not permanently cranky. I would also like to say thanks to everyone who prayed for me on being cranky. Was having a moment, then like magic it was lifted. I thought, that was definitely somebody's prayer for me. If it was you, thank you!
2. I said I was going to focus more on work and sacrifice my social life, but if you know me, you already know that was a lie. I AM however going to start saying no to stuff after work and I'm going to stop double booking as much as possible. The point is to find balance not to be all work or all play. That's clearly a struggle for me.
3. I'm writing this as I sit on the phone with State Farm because I've gotten into a second car accident in Pittsburgh. That's right. 19 months in this city, 2 car accidents. 29 years of life, never been in a car accident before (or one that required insurance's help, anyway). I think it's safe to say Pittsburghers can't drive.
I'm fine. Someone hit my car while it was parked. As my friends from Chicago noted: "I figured since it was Pittsburgh, they would have left a note."
Apparently you can be a jerk in any zip code in the nation.
4. I bought 14 tickets to the second Pirates game of the season. Now they think I'm a fan. I've actually been to three games and I bought a t-shirt, but I'm not about to be a season ticket holder. I got an ad that said I could go to six more games this season for as little as $96 each. Bruh... I paid $20 and some change for 14 tickets. I'm not about that $96 per game life.
5. I bought tickets to see Beyonce in Houston, but iaintgonebeabletodoit. Let me know if you know any Houstonians who need some tickets.
6. Just got word that I need to go to Chicago for work in June and I wasn't even planning to go until July. Long weekend on deck! Hello, yes! If that happens, I will have gone to Chicago 5 out of 7 months by July, vs. every other month, which seems a bit more manageable. It doesn't FEEL like I spend any time in Chicago even though my Southwest airline miles say otherwise.