- My alarm came on at 5 a.m.
- I pressed snooze til 6 a.m.
- I made it to work by 7:15 a.m.
- Despite having meetings non-stop from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., I left at 6:55 p.m. and felt like it was a productive day. I had a 7 p.m. meeting with one of my mentors, which I was 20 minutes late for(YIKES!)
- Then after leaving her I went to Target to get groceries and toiletries for the coming weeks since I wasn't home this weekend. (I gave the convocation speech for my department at U of I this weekend and it was amazing. More on that later.)
- As the sun went down, I forgot that I'd gotten hit by a car last weekend and that my tail light was out and with travel, speech writing, baby shower planning, work, church and, you know, sleep I haven't had time to take it to the body shop to get it repaired. I also need an oil changed and my tires rotated, which will happen in 2 weeks when I have a free Saturday in Pittsburgh...
- All of that to say, I should NOT have been driving in the evening time.
- By the grace of God, I made it home without getting a ticket.
- I get to my apartment, check my mail, take my groceries upstairs... I leave the cart outside of my door even though they say take it right back to the parking lot. It's Monday, people will deal.
- I put the groceries away and get ready to prepare food (I'm heating up a Bertolli bag in the skillet, I'm not really cooking anything.)
- Then I realize the skillet I want is still on the stove dirty from the last time I heated something up. So I'm going to clean it...
- But first I need to move all the dirty dishes out of the sink.
- But before I can do that I need to remove the clean dishes out of the dishwasher.
- And I remember why I had to go to Target after a long day of work because I didn't have any dishwashing liquid.
- I finally put the skillet in the sink, but it's too sticky and needs to soak, so I decided to take a moment and show my blog some love.
- During said moment, I try to remember why I don't have a housekeeper, so that the next time I come home from a trip (or leave home for a trip) I wouldn't be stressed with the burden of trying to keep a tidy house.
- Then I remember I called a housekeeper. Maybe two, maybe three weeks ago.
- I left her a message.
- She didn't call me back.
Monday, May 19, 2014
She Didn't Call Me Back...
It's 9:59 p.m. Wanna hear about my day, here it is: