Monday, May 19, 2014

She Didn't Call Me Back...

It's 9:59 p.m. Wanna hear about my day, here it is:

  • My alarm came on at 5 a.m. 
  • I pressed snooze til 6 a.m. 
  • I made it to work by 7:15 a.m. 
  • Despite having meetings non-stop from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., I left at 6:55 p.m. and felt like it was a productive day. I had a 7 p.m. meeting with one of my mentors, which I was 20 minutes late for(YIKES!) 
  • Then after leaving her I went to Target to get groceries and toiletries for the coming weeks since I wasn't home this weekend. (I gave the convocation speech for my department at U of I this weekend and it was amazing. More on that later.) 
  • As the sun went down, I forgot that I'd gotten hit by a car last weekend and that my tail light was out and with travel, speech writing, baby shower planning, work, church and, you know, sleep I haven't had time to take it to the body shop to get it repaired. I also need an oil changed and my tires rotated, which will happen in 2 weeks when I have a free Saturday in Pittsburgh... 
  • All of that to say, I should NOT have been driving in the evening time. 
  • By the grace of God, I made it home without getting a ticket. 
  • I get to my apartment, check my mail, take my groceries upstairs... I leave the cart outside of my door even though they say take it right back to the parking lot. It's Monday, people will deal. 
  • I put the groceries away and get ready to prepare food (I'm heating up a Bertolli bag in the skillet, I'm not really cooking anything.)
  • Then I realize the skillet I want is still on the stove dirty from the last time I heated something up. So I'm going to clean it...
  • But first I need to move all the dirty dishes out of the sink.
  • But before I can do that I need to remove the clean dishes out of the dishwasher. 
  • And I remember why I had to go to Target after a long day of work because I didn't have any dishwashing liquid. 
  • I finally put the skillet in the sink, but it's too sticky and needs to soak, so I decided to take a moment and show my blog some love. 
  • During said moment, I try to remember why I don't have a housekeeper, so that the next time I come home from a trip (or leave home for a trip) I wouldn't be stressed with the burden of trying to keep a tidy house. 
  • Then I remember I called a housekeeper. Maybe two, maybe three weeks ago.
  • I left her a message. 
  • She didn't call me back.  

2 comments:

Ishea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ishea said...

I know this will sound crazy, but your day sounds so amazingly free of having to deal with the headaches of supporting another person's emotional force... I'm slightly envious. And yes, I know the grass is always greener... but sometimes I do miss being single/living alone.