Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Didn't Even Have To Use My AK

This morning was bananas. I woke up this morning and it was snowing like the sky was mad. I decided to drive to work because I had something to do later that would require me to drive.

I got to work at 7:50... left my laptop at home. I've done this before. Fortunately, I'd driven to work. So even though I had to pay for the parking lot twice, at least I didn't have to walk through the snow back to my apartment.

Get back to the car and my house keys were on the ground. I've done this before. They fell out of my lap on the way to work. The good news is nobody snatched them and stole my car.

Get back to work at 8:35. 45 minutes just wasted. The good news is that I got to work early enough that absentmindedness didn't set me back.

Had meetings from 9:30 to noon. Then another set of meetings from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. At 12:45, when I decided to eat lunch, I dropped my iPhone in my Caesar Salad. Dressing ALL over the camera. The good news is that it's a 4 and the camera sucks ANYWAY.

I was DETERMINED not to be in a bad mood today and despite all the little things that could have ticked me off, I kept it positive.

People were complaining about the snow. I was happy it wasn't the polar vortex. People were complaining about the driving conditions, I was happy I didn't get into a car accident. People were complaining about meetings. I was happy my work day flew by.

To end it all, I supported black business tonight getting my taxes done. I don't owe the federal, state or local government any money (God [and itemized deductions] loveth a cheerful giver, Amen!) And I'm about to watch Being Mary Jane with half of Chicago (also known as my Twitter followers).

I'd say, today was a good day.

No comments: