- Waiting for shoes you bought online to arrive by checking the FedEx tracking number is like watching paint dry. Every morning of my vacation, I wake up and check it and it says it's closer and I'm thinking, maybe it'll get here today. I left for New York on Friday. The shoes arrived on Saturday.
- Also, it should be noted that I'm the person who picks the shoes that are not available for overnight shipping. Such a mess.
- I may really just take these shoes back to the store because I bought them FOR my NYC trip and who remembers that I'm not supposed to be shopping so that I can pay my student loans off. We're barely out of January and I cannot abstain.
- Who goes to the store and buys five pairs of shoes at a time.
- It should be noted that according to Foursquare I haven't been to that store since July. That's a small feat in itself.
- My best trick to not shop is to just stay out of the mall. But once I go for one thing, it's like GIVE ME ALL THE THINGS I HAVEN'T HAD SINCE THE LAST TIME I WAS HERE.
- I also feel like my relationship with shopping is sometimes like my relationship with food and exercise. I've added a layer of guilt onto it that shouldn't be there. Like it's shoes, clothes and money. It's not betrying friends. And it makes me happy. And I have it to spend... Actually, no I don't. This is where the guilt comes in.
What about y'all? Do you love shoes? Shopping? Shoe Shopping? Do you place any limits on yourself when shopping? How do you become disciplined?
I have moments where I'm disciplined and moments when I'm not.