Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Just Grateful

I woke up this morning with such an attitude of gratitude. I have to go to work early because there isn't enough time in an eight hour day to deliver everything that's on my plate. I'm grateful for a job, the responsibility I have at that job, the opportunity to log in early and my ability to go above and beyond what is required.

It's also bitter cold almost everywhere in the country. I'm grateful for my fluffy blanket I crawled from under this morning. I'm grateful that the hot water in the shower worked. I'm grateful that no matter what temperature it is outside (it's -8 with a wind chill of -30 in Pittsburgh right now), it's a balmy 77 degrees in my home this winter. I'm grateful for the means to be able to pay the heat bill. I'm thankful for budget billing, which ensures my bill is a reasonable price each month, no matter how much heat or A/C I over-indulge in.

I'm thankful for a closet full of clothes that I can layer up in. No matter how much more I think I need, I always find something to wear each day of the week (and weekends) and for that I am grateful.

I'm not driving to work today, but I'm thankful for a late-model car, which hasn't had to brave many winters. I'm thankful for covered, valet parking. So even if I did have to drive it, there wouldn't be any snow to remove and someone else will have heated it up for me.

I'm thankful for my buscard and that it's funded with pre-tax money. Less work for me to do on my taxes on the back end AND less taxes for me to have to pay.

I'm still sick [are you praying for me?], but I'm thankful for the activity of my limbs, so that I CAN walk to the train station. I'm thankful that I only live two train stops from my job.

I'm thankful for the building I walk through between my house and the train stations. It cuts about 1 block off of my walk and will provide some much needed warmth on a day like today.

And to bring it full circle, I am thankful that someone is expecting me to be at work today and counting on my to deliver greatness and counting on me to manage my direct reports and counting on me to move their marketing business forward.

So yes, even in the midst of a polar vortex, I am grateful! What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Ishea said...

I appreciate your attitude of gratitude! It's very refreshing...

So, what am I grateful for? I feel thankful for favor and blessings. Things always seem to workout and the problems I have are 1% struggles... things that others might wish for. I'm happy and grateful for the ability to have courage and be able to move on. Life throws so many things your way and some people are forever stuck in the past. I'm thankful for everything God has brought me out of.