Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fitness Update

Happy actual birthday to the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr.!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't talked about fitness on here in a while. Let me catch you up. This time last year, I didn't want to go on a diet, but I tried to think of a lifestyle change that would help me keep a bikini body year round.

As it turns out, I like to indulge. I couldn't come up with anything that I would do consistently that would keep the pounds off.

So I gained weight. I probably have gained about 10 pounds since I moved to Pittsburgh. I typically shed those pounds for an outfit (crop top on my 29th birthday) or a vacation (Dominican Republic a few months later), but in 2013, I went on vacation with a belly. I just was out there under the no photos in a bikini act.

As one of my big boned male friends told me: fat people go vacation all the time. You need to just let go and have fun. LOL!

That said, I don't want to fall off just because I can and I really don't want to buy new clothes. I have other money priorities this year. (More on that tomorrow).

Semi-related to the money piece, I'm trying to get back into the habit of sacrifice. That said, in January I'm doing no bread, no baked goods, no candy. These are things that I really don't NEED in my diet and they are the hardest to burn off.

I've been wearing dress pants all winter because they have more give than my jeans. I literally had one pair of jeans that fit because they're like stretchy jeans (but not jeggings, don't judge me.)

After just 10 days of this sacrificial eating plan (and no exercise because I'm sick as a dog), I was able to get back into my jeans. YAY GOD!

I'm toying with the idea of giving up SOMETHING every month. So not necessarily the same thing, but the same number of calories. This keeps me in the sacrificial mindset and hopefully keeps my jeans on my booty (and money for new clothes in my pocket).

I think I could give up bread for like, but that's a no go for baked goods and candy. I live for cake during baby shower, birthday and wedding season. I love, love, love cake!

How am I ending a fitness post with talk about cake? Anywho, how's your 2014 fitness plan coming along?

1 comment:

Ishea said...

So far, so good! I didn't wait for the new year to get my fitness in check... and actually, you already know most of my fitness updates via FB lol.

I've been thinking back to how I shed 15 lbs last year and debating dropping another 10-15 lbs this year. Yeah, it's an aggressive goal for me, but as my 30th birthday nears (in June) I don't want to get what my boyfriend calls the "30yo bloated head" lol.

On top of that, as we get older and our bodies change, it takes more work to stay healthy. I figure I can make an effort to prioritize my health and healthy habits now, so I'm not looking crazy in the face at say 35 or 40.

And you already know how I feel about dropping weight for a vacation or dress or event. I get it. It's realistic for that short term goal, but I think we should aim for a year-round body. I mean, how else will you be ready when you meat your dream guy in Pittsburgh, or get that spontaneous girl's island vacay invite! Lol...