Thursday, December 5, 2013

Best Mood Ever!!!

I am in the best mood ever right now. Let me try to figure out why...

10. I'm the United Way co-chair for my company and we are having a very successful bake sale right now. I worked first shift (7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.) and the generosity of random people really touched me.
9. We're also selling coffee at said bake sale with hazelnut creamer and I'm hyped up on that.
8. The holiday party in my building is this evening. Free food! Free drank!
7. My annual review is today. I'm an awesome worker. I'm excited to see what they're going to say to keep me in Pittsburgh, but I'm also excited to know what else is expected of me as an emerging leader. These review periods can be rough, but I expect to hear good things and things
6. I've been exercising regularly.
5. Tomorrow, I'm going to the Ron H. Brown Urban League Gala. Every important African American in Pittsburgh will be there (like all 100 of us) and each of them will have my business card by the end of the night.
4. I get to wear a gown tomorrow and I'm not going to prom! and my Bougie friend is driving and she drives a BMW!
3.
2. My to-do list for work is shrinking and I didn't even have to work on the weekend in order for that to happen.
1. For the past few nights, I've been up on the phone all night with he who shall not be named. When he calls the picture that pops up in my phone says "WELP." I still answer the phone. It's nothing, but it still FEELS like old times and old times were happy, hopeful times. This time is like "eh, I could take it or leave it." Shh... don't tell my girls.

No comments: