Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Is Your Vision For Someone Else?

Ok, who watched the TLC biopic? Also, is it pronounced bio-pic or bi-opic? I've heard it both ways. Bio-pic makes common sense. Bi-opic makes grammatical sense. I don't know what to call it.

Anywho, in the TLC movie, T-Boz and Left Eye go into Pebbles and L.A. Reid's office with a girl named Crystal to audition and Crystal can't sing. So Pebbles kicks Crystal out and they find Chili.

In real life, Crystal talked to bloggers and said the story happened a bit differently. She said she and her manager came up with the idea for TLC (not sure if that was the name or not) and sold it into Pebbles for financial backing. She was in with T-Boz and Left Eye and asked if she could take the contract home for her mother to see and Pebbles swiftly kicked her out of the group.

I believe Crystal. I also got a revelation out of it.

T-Box, Left Eye and Chili were greatly blessed by the group TLC (despite financial troubles). They also had music that reached people and I'm sure someone was blessed by their music. So it occurred to me that God can give you a vision THAT IS NOT EVEN FOR YOU. And you will share it, thinking, of course this is for me, God gave it to me. And he can swiftly give it to someone else.

I think that can apply to SO many simple things in life: a job, a husband, a baby. I might want some of those things, but that's not necessarily what God has for me.

But also to big ideas. Thing about how Mark Zuckerberg stole Facebook from those twins. Maybe I'm getting away from the message, but the point is (and I'll make it personal): Everything I dream up, isn't for me, but it's important for me to share my ideas, my goals, my aha moments because God may bless someone else with it.

Yeah, that hit me in the chest like a ton of bricks.

1 comment:

Ishea said...

I'd have to disagree. I don't think that it's necessarily God "taking it away" or that it was meant for someone else, but there is power in God's timing. We have our timing. He has his. I know many people (myself included) that have been frustrated, confused, and/or let down by the fact that HIS timing doesn't coincide with what we believe OUR timing should be. I also think it's possible to be chasing the wrong things and not listening to our inner voice/holy spirit/whatever you'd like to call it.