Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I have sweater problems

I love sweaters. Warm, cozy sweaters, not light, scratchy sweaters. I'm from Chicago. I live in Pittsburgh. It's sweater season.

I was in my closet doing the disgusting rich girl "I have nothing to wear" routine. Then like a child wooed with candy, I opened a box of sweaters and forgot all about my problems. I distracted was like: OOH, SWEATERS.

So I have a red, cable knit sweater that CLAIMS to be machine washable. I washed this thing one time last winter and there are still red BDBs all over my laundry room* because of it. And since they're in my laundry room* they've infiltrated all of my other clothes, my sheets, and my hair bonnets.

Like no amount of sweeping, dusting, Swiffering or lint-brushing makes these things go away.

It's a real tragedy.

Another problem is sweaters that have lost their shape. I have on one today. And to make matters worse, the sun doesn't come up until 7:44 a.m. and I got to work at 7:30 a.m. today, so I essentially got dressed in the dark.

I get to work and realize, not only is my sweater shapeless and unraveling at the shoulder (minor details), but in the fluorescent office lights, I have red BDBs all over this blue and white striped sweater. Maybe no one else will notice. o_O

Lastly, I talked about this on Facebook (and got some good responses, thanks fam), but my cardigans have not lasted more than a season. I'm a cardigan fanatic, so this is a problem. They always have holes in the collar, in the elbows, or worse they just lose their shape. Nothing worse than a wrinkled, shapeless, hole-y cardigan.

So this season, I had to switch from shirts right to sweaters and skip cardigans. I'm going to try to hit up a Talbots or Land's End (in Sears) or maybe even a J. Crew to try the fit of their cardigans because H&M, Nordstrom Rack and NY&Co. have failed me. I also heard that I should dry clean them, so that's on the docket for this winter.

I should probably also dry clean my sweaters so that the BDBs become the cleaner's problem and not mine.

I love fab sweaters, that's my #$%^ing problem.

*laundry room = laundry closet in my bathroom, but laundry room sounds more sophisticated, so just roll with it.

1 comment:

Luvvie said...

I am a sweater and cardigan connoisseur and most of mine are from the GAP, Tommy (yes, I still rock his stuff. He wins my preppy little heart) and Target (Mossimo brand). I don't have any of those probs you just mentioned with my sweaters and I wash them with normal clothes.

Gap is doing a great sale right now on sweaters too so go getchu a piece!