Thursday, October 17, 2013

Help Me Decide

So I bought a dress online for a wedding that in approximately three weeks. The dress is everything my heart desires. It's a size 6. I'm a solid size 6. It's a designer dress. Designers are haters. It does not fit. It does not fit and I might be about a size 8 at this point because I like to eat, don't judge me.

So being consistently healthy is a goal I rarely reach.
Sticking to my budget is a goal I rarely reach.
Giving myself a break is yet another goal I rarely reach.

So here are my options which all represent one evil or another that I have to deal with. Do I

A) Lose 5-10 pounds in the next 6 weeks and just wear the 6
B) Pay about $200 more than I paid for the dress [I got it on sale, which put it in my budget] in order to get the size 8 and just go on about my business
C) Send the dress back because it doesn't fit and find another dress that is in my budget AND actually fits

Now, keep in mind, I live in a dumb city with horrible shopping, so it's possible that if I go with option C, the same thing could happen again. The sizing instructions for the dress I bought said go down a size, which would have made it a 4. I'm a true 6, so I ignored their goofy selves and got a 6, now I need an 8.

The losing weight thing is challenging because I'm stressed out at work and I eat when I'm stressed. This is not an excuse. It's the truth. I like tacos and cupcakes, people. No secrets here.

The paying all that extra money thing is hard because I specifically had a budget for this dress and the sale made it be in my budget. I haven't even bought shoes or accessories yet. Yes, I know I'm fancy, but wait til y'all see this dress. Just Haute for no reason!

So, what should I do?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is possible to lose 10lbs in 6 weeks, but it will take discipline, and you have to be honest with yourself about it. Do you have what it takes to buckle down and change your diet?

I wouldn't buy another dress online. I'm sure there are some fashion-forward people in Pittsburgh who can find nice things in stores throughout the city. Honestly, you seem to be stuck on Chicago and not giving Pittsburgh a chance. As long as you continue to view the city through the lens you're currently using, nothing will change. Challenge yourself to find something among your Pittsburgh options, that way you can stay within your budget AND find something that fits.

Ishea said...

Keep your sanity, send the dress back, and find something that actually fits you. You have to live in the present, and your body is what it is right now. Embrace what you have and find something else that will look gorgeous on you. Set the goals for fitness and focus on eating right (everything in moderation ... 1 cupcake instead of 3) and if you need to take your next outfit in, then go for that!

chichi said...

Send the dress back! That's happened to me before and I made myself miserable trying to squeeze into the dress. I could barely eat or dance or flirt at the wedding.