Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tea's Tangents

  • I had the craziest dreams last night. I had a dream that I was dating Kevin Hart and one of my Twitter followers. And by dating I mean kissing them both in different rooms of the same party. Kevin was my dip. And I was madly in love with my Twitter follower. I was giddy about him. I don't really "DO" PDA, so the fact that we were making out in public both terrified me, but also made me fall more in love. Dreams are stupid.
  • On Friday my pants were flooding. Let me explain. I'm 5'5. I think that's average height for a woman, but the truth (I Googled it) is that average height for a woman is 5'4. So pants can be a half inch to a full inch too short on me at all times. It's weird. The pants I wore on Friday only look good with heels. But I refuse to wear heels to work on a Friday, especially when it's raining and I'm tired. And for some strange reason, I really wanted to wear these pants. I justified this with several things in my head. 1. Flooding pants are in style. I see "cropped" Audrey Hepburn-ish pants on sale all the time. I think they're hideous, but people are into them, so I'm going to act like I'm fashion forward. 2. It's just work and I changed before I went out that night. 3. I live in Pittsburgh, the worst dressed city in America. No one would know the difference.
  • I only open mail twice a month, on the best day of the year, when I sit down to pay bills. My bills are pretty fixed, so I don't need to rush to the mail to see what I owe. Unless it's a card or invitation, I'm not really trying to process what people are saying to me until I'm sitting down to pay bills. All that I get are credit card offers #DoNotWant and requests for donations... which I will process at the end of the year, in preparation for my taxes...
  • An ellipsis is three periods... I hate when people do this.. or this.... or this......... Ick!
I thought this was going to be short, but it's kind of long, so let's see if I have any tangents tomorrow.

No comments: