Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

On this, the twelfth anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center, I'd like to thank the families of the men and women who lost their lives on this tragic day. Thank you for sharing them with the world. Thank you for your bravery in getting through your loss. May God continue to heal you and reveal his plan for your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I think today is as good as any to have a conversation about national security and the role of the federal government. I heard the President's speech last night about Syria and I was underwhelmed with the rhetoric, the delivery and the plan.

On the one hand, I can't see any option that does not include us having a full out war with a country whose leaders use chemical warfare. On the other hand, the President did convince me that if we do nothing we are sending out the weakest signal possible as the United States of America.

I know enough to know that I don't understand foreign policy. And I've voted for people who I think are smarter than me to make these decisions. They appointed people who they think are smarter than them to help them get to the conclusions they make. I have some level of trust in their process and I really don't want to be involved in this type of decision making.

Then my President said he wants congress to vote. Congress who was elected by the people, and therefore the voice of the people. I have no idea what side to stand on.

What about you? Do you feel strongly that we should or shouldn't attack Syria?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No, we shouldn't attack Syria, but because we always need to be involved in some type of war (defense spending is a quarter of the budget), the probability that we will is very high.

Miss Ti said...

I agree. We shouldn't attack. We don't have the funds. Americans are tired of war. We were not nominated as the world's police. That's what the UN is for. I say we leave it alone.