Friday, September 27, 2013

Key Message Help

There are so many slang phrases that are appropriate in the workplace. Some that I've used recently in my head include:

- She tried it
- It's deeper than rap
- I ain't on that
- Ain't nobody got time for that

(Don't judge me. Crap shows up at workplaces nationwide.)

Today, I'd like to come up with the professional way to say "This Ain't What You Want." I tried it and it came out like "I hear what you're saying, but I'm not certain that that would not have ended well for either party."

It's still too charged. Even as a person who obsessed with linguistics, I haven't QUITE found the phrase to inform people of what it is and what it ain't.

Who has suggestions?

1 comment:

Ishea said...

Recently I've used:

1. There's levels to this
2. That's not it (my version of 'that ain't it'... but I'm beyond proper and it sounds weird when I say ain't)
3. Lies you tell (Tamar is growing on me lol)
4.I called something 'bootleg' and my uber white svp was wide eyed and busy tailed. Thought it was the best thing ever.