Monday, September 30, 2013

Get It Right!

I was going to put this up as a Facebook status, but it's kind of rude, so I decided to put it over here where people actually come to see my content vs. getting it pushed out to them.

"She won't be snarky like this, so I'll take the opportunity. I think if you're going to wish my bff a happy birthday, you should spell her name right. *flips hair* As a side note in college, people used to misspell her name and I'd be all mad and she wouldn't care and I'm like Les, IT'S YOUR NAME. With an odd spelling to my own name, she started to do the same for me. So we just spent all of undergrad checking people for misspelling each other's names. #BlackGirlStories"

2 comments:

Elle KiDD said...

I totally love your thought process on your opinion being "pushed" via FB vs. being sought out via blog.

Ishea said...

I started freelancing at an ad agency in Seattle today and had to deal with the first day struggles of people mispronouncing my name. As someone who can relate to having their name butchered, how do you go about correcting people? Sometimes I find myself being annoyed or just over it and having no energy to correct anyone.