Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tea's Tangents

Haven't done one of these in a while. So much random stuff on my mind.

  • Ishea and Brittany had a whole conversation about why late people are late. My takeaway is that it's a combination of being an introvert who doesn't really want to go out and not giving a damn. They also noted that extroverts are pushy (we are) and I'm going to try to keep that in mind when I plan group events and folks are not on time.
  • I know very little about Native Americans. Like I know less about Native Americans than mainstream America knows about black people. I am (out-of-nowhere) embarrassed by this.
  • I'm 30. It's time out for these punk ass weekend vacations we take. The next time I go out of the country, I'm trying to be there for 5 days or longer. It's not worth the stress to be out of the office for three days.
  • On that same note, I have fewer days off than I ever have before, but want to take longer vacations. This actually makes sense because most people here won't take a Friday or a Monday (we don't have enough days). We save up these punk ass 2 weeks off and really vacation. It's a definite cultural shift for me.
  • Buzzfeed gives me life every day. Every. Day.
  • I still don't know how I can be effective in doing anything about Trayvon Martin or Stand Your Ground. I've been devouring information about laws and I'm almost set up to mentor a girl in Pittsburgh. (These mogs need amongst other things a TB test and an FBI clearance. This 16-point checklist they have me completing should FURTHER let you know how serious I am about giving back.) If you've been able to make any changes or contribute to any causes, please share. The more we share, the more we grow.  

1 comment:

Ishea said...

Claps for #1 lol... I'm definitely a people energized extrovert, but I have a strong loner streak lol. None of this effects my sense of punctuality. I have no sense of urgency and although I socially want to engage in various events, that desire doesn't make me move any faster. As I've gotten older (29 as of June) I have ZERO fucks to give for club outings. That is something I will almost always flake on lol. Even day parties lost their allure. I've started either saying no upfront to plans I'd rather pass on, a tentative yes if I'm truly on the fence, or just saying 'yes' and committing to whatever it is. I think I realized that a "happy, engaged Ishea" is a better person to have at an event instead of feeling like I am forced to go somewhere - - and keeping it real, we're all grown! We're free to pick and choose what we'd like to go to... I'm there for important things :)

Sidebar: Love your random lists.