Monday, August 19, 2013

Jamaican Vacation

This post started off as random musings about my vacation and turned into, I'm 30, here's what's different. LOL! More musings tomorrow. 

  • I think I have a post-vacation cold. I almost always have these when I get back from Vegas. It's like going from extreme heat to the extreme air conditioning is too much for my body. I didn't expect it this time because I've been taking Airborne like multivitamins (once daily) and it tends to work. Of course, I got off my supplement regimen on vacation, so I'm at the crib sipping tea with lemon and trying to take it easy before it's back to the grind tomorrow.
  • I used to be anti-supplement. I never saw or felt the effects of a multivitamin. Then as I got older things like Emergen-C and Airborne came out and then I discovered B12 one drunken night and my life has never been the same. Found out I'm slightly anemic. Iron pills on deck. Found out Zinc knocks out a cold before it comes (after the first tickle of a sore throat). Purchased that. Realized I don't drink enough milk and my grandmothers and her friends are dealing with osteoporosis and osteoarthritis and when I tell you I want NOTHING to do with that. Man, biggest understatement ever. Now I'm chewing calcium supplements. My morning cocktail of supplements is getting bigger and bigger and I'm surprisingly ok with that. Anything to my health.
  • Speaking of health, I had a weight I was trying to achieve by my birthday. I didn't hit it and I didn't care. I've been working out 3x a week religiously. Word to #TeamFit on Twitter and Facebook. When I'm getting ready for an event I eat healthier. When I'm not, I'm about 50/50 (though I know I should be 80/20). For the first time in a while my body was not where I wanted it to be on vacation when I actually tried to get it right. 30 is a whole new ballgame. I'm at peace with having a lil stomach here or there. Like I always say on Twitter, it hasn't impeded action.

No comments: