Friday, August 9, 2013

Did You Know?

So my homegirl works for the NAACP. It's basically her job to be black. How cool is that. It's like working at church. It's your job to be a Christian. Or working as a stripper, it's your job to be a woman. Wait...

I digress.

So she put up a horrific story about how officers do cavity searches on women in Texas. It's disgusting, violating, a  and I hope those officers are fired, fined and shunned from the community of other women.

But that's not what we're talking about today. Did you know if you got pulled over and you don't feel safe you can call 9-1-1. Here's what she said:

"If you call 9-1-1 to tell them you have been pulled over but would like additional officers dispatched, they SHOULD be able to radio the officer to say they are in communication with you. However, there is always room for them to say you may be trying to drive away OR are a threat to the officers. Tough call.

I've had an instance where I was followed by a squad car in a "not-so-minority" populated area of Chicago. I called in to 911 and told them I was happy to drive to an actual police STATION, but would not be getting out of my car - alone, 10 pm, with male officers. I gave my name, address and any other info they wanted. They called the car to inform them I wasn't trying to flee, and they did follow me to the station (of course with attitude). The officers said it was for a "broken tail light" and "rolling stop" at a stop sign, and gave me a "warning"...I don't think they were prepared for my actions. God only knows how THAT could've gone..."

Sharing is caring. Tell a friend.


1 comment:

Ishea said...

Oooh... I'm going to keep this one in my back pocket, just in case! Great info. Sharing is caring.