Saturday, July 20, 2013

Do SOMEthing

If you're anything like me you spent a lot of time after the Trayvon Martin verdict trying to figure out what to do. Here's a list I came up with for myself that I wanted to share with you all.

  1. Give to the Trayvon Martin Foundation
  2. Give to the NAACP
  3. Give to the ACLU
  4. March somewhere. If you marched TODAY in the 100 city vigil for Trayvon Martin, check in and let me know what the speakers suggested as next steps. 
  5. Check out the Center for social inclusion. I saw this video from them and it made a lot of things clear. Not ok. Just clear.
  6. Chicagoans, get in touch with attorney Yondi Morris, who recently gathered community members together at Shrine to talk next steps and action.
  7. Check out the Dream Defenders
I need three more actionable items to round this out to 10.

No comments: