Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chicago is my mistress

I hate infidelity. I've never cheated on anyone and I will never cheat on anyone. It's not my thing. I'd rather be single than to cheat on a man.

Howsoever, I recognize the sexiness, the allure of cheating. Like any other sin there is pleasure that you gain in doing something that you're not supposed to do.

There are also certain convenieces of cheating. In not having a true relationship, you don't have true relationship problems. You aren't arguing about who's taking out the trash because the hotel that you checked into to do your business has housekeeping. Who cares who takes out the trash.

While I was in Chicago last weekend, it occurred to me that Chicago is now my mistress.
 
I come into town. I don't have to pay any bills. I don't have to do any civic work. We don't argue. We don't fight. We just party. All we do is party. Then I go back to Pittsburgh and deal with real issues like getting up and going to work everyday.

Side note: I am seriously trying to figure out how to become a stay at home nothing. Not wife, not mom, just stay at home by myself. Do you know how happy you are on your day off? I want to feel like that every day.

I digress.

Home was amazing. It was everything I expected it to be. It was magical. It was like four days of nonstop love, fellowship and partying. It was so awesome and just right.

Then I had to hop on a plane to come back to where I live, despite where my heart is.

The good news is that I'm not married to Pittsburgh. We are however and unfortunately, in an exclusive relationship. And even though no mistress should ever believe this, as soon as I wrap up this little "situation" I'm having with Pittsburgh, I'm going to make Chicago my wife. (Or you know, a city with a booty as big as Chicago's. LOL!)

Do you cheat on your city with any other cities? Vegas? New Orleans? NYC? D.C.? I know it's not just me.

3 comments:

chichi said...

I'm already counting down for your move back to Chicago...it's inevitable lol.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nope, Chicago's it. I'd like to be with San Francisco more often but she's too expensive. Just have to wait for the rest of the Midwest to catch up! Hopefully I'm not 60 by then.