Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Black Shoe Update

The BCBGeneration shoes I bought hurt like hell, so I was back on the hunt again. So I ordered some Herve Leger shoes from Luxe810 the new discount designer section of DSW. Originally $600 on sale for $250. Woo chile. I was too excited.

Opened the box and the leather was SUPPLE y'all. But guess what, it also hurt like hell. Had to send them back.

I broke down and bought this Nine West pair for $79. It's cheap, it's comfortable, it will tear up in a year and I'll just buy it again.
 


Better to have to buy $79 shoes each year than to walk like a fish out of water in $600 shoes that hurt.

Also, I'm not sure why I didn't figure this out before, but black, leather, pointed toe, 4in heels are a spring shoe (and the ones I ending up buying are 3 1/2 inches, so maybe that's the problem). Now that I've broken down to get the Nine West one, Ralph Lauren has one. Enzo has one. Every store brand has one. I bet Michael Kors and Stuart Weitzman have them now too. Reminds me how I spent day and night looking for chocolate brown pumps before I found out they had been replaced on the color wheel by nude. Now I know.

You shop and you learn.

No comments: