In this post, I let you all know what I what I was missing from home. I've found a few things and am still missing a few.
Check out my latest lost and found.
- Eyebrow Threading (My first stop when I get to Chicago is Lakeview Threading Salon. It's a true talent shortage of good threaders in this city)
- Black health care professionals (I found a doctor, but still on the hunt for a dermatologist. I don't think it's going to happen here)
- High End Shopping - They seriously don't have a Saks or Neiman Marcus here. I see why the cost of living is so low. People can't buy high end if they wanted to. There is a Saks outlet close. I'm going to check that out soon.
- A new church home!!!
- A new cobbler!!!
- A new dentist. Ok, he's not a woman, nor is he a person of color, but I found this place called the Pittsburgh dental spa. They have calming waters in the waiting room, massage chairs and ceiling TVs in the dentists office AND they play 90s R&B. I mean... I'm breaking support our own rules, but this place is AMAZING!
- A good mall! From Gucci to Louis Vuitton (like I shop there anyway) to Nordstrom to Macy's, this mall has what I need. Now the department stores are only 2-3 floors high. I was in Nordstrom like "There's only one floor of women's clothing?", but one is better than none.